June 9, 2009

Shinzi Katoh's Store (加藤真治の専門ショップ)




Finally, I got the chance to visit Shinzi Katoh's store this year when I went back to Japan. This is Shinzi Katoh's first flagship store which is located on the first floor at the Sunshine City Shopping Center in Ikebukuro (豊島区東池袋3-1-2 アルパ1F, Tel:03-3986-2884). I've been a fan of his works for quite a while. Every time I see his works I just can' help but go into the stores and look at them, and often times I ended up buying something, so now I have many of his glasses and stationery. I don't really use them very much; by only looking at them makes me happy and smile, they remind me a happy childhood. Standing in Shinzi Katoh's store is a very happy experience which you should try to experience for yourself.

I am really happy to see that Sinzi Katoh's creations are not only popular in Japan but also gaining popularity overseas and have been shown at exhibitions such as Maison & Objet in Paris and NYIGF in New York. His products are currently available at MoMA in San Francisco, Le Bon Marche in Paris and many zakka shops all over the world. One day I would like to have a little store to carry Shinzi Katoh's goodies here in NYC, so that more people can walk in, see and touch his works and experience the happy moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment